Baby Story Time at Blue Bell is a story time session geared specifically toward babies (ages 6 months to 18 months). We'll read stories, sing songs, chant rhymes, and play with baby! Baby Story Time is also an event for parents and caregivers to learn about early literacy skills to help prepare baby for reading as well as to help foster a love of reading. We meet Thursdays, at 10:15 AM.
Theme: On the farm
What Was Read
- Moo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra Boynton. - JJ BOARD BOY
- The animals say certain things, but the pigs sing? That's not right!
- Whose Toes Are Those? words by Sally Symes ; pictures by Nick Sharratt.:- JJ BOARD SYM
- A lift-the-flap book that follows a pattern and is a guessing game.
- Busy Chickens / John Schindel and Steven Holt.: - JJ BOARD SCH
- Silly, busy chickens of all types are up to no good. Full color photos tell the story of what chickens are up to.
- Farm by James Brown.:- JJ BOARD BRO
- A graphic designed book with a simple animal on one side and a tessellated pattern on the other.
- Sang my favorite opening and closing songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Recited a rhyme about "5 Clean Pigs."
- Sang "Old MacDonald Had a Farm."
- Bounced to "This is the way a baby/farmer/jockey rides"
Animal sounds are a great way to practice phonological awareness. The different, short sounds animals make help baby hear the shorter sounds that are in words. In play, make the animal noises as best as you can.Hope to see you next time!