Our Theme: Halloween!
Early Literacy Tip and Activity: Talk to baby about everything s/he is seeing, feeling, or tasting during the Halloween season. You're helping build baby's vocabulary!
What We Read
- Where is Baby's Pumpkin? : a lift-the-flap book by Karen Katz.
- Baby has a special trick-or-treat pumpkin. Where is it? Lift the flap to find it!
- Happy Halloween, Peter / [based on the works of Beatrix Potter].- JJ BOARD HAP
- Peter Rabbit counts through his Halloween night!
- Spooky. - JJ BOARD SPO
- Bright photographs and simple words introduce vocabulary of Halloween.
- Sang my favorite opening and closings songs: "If You'd Like to Hear a Story" and "The More We Read Together."
- Sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."
- Recited "I'm a Little Pumpkin."
- Sang "The Itsy Bitsy Spider."
- Recited "Pumpkin, Pumpkin sitting on a wall."